George Carlin - Rab C Nesbitt TV - The Young Ones TV - Baruch Spinoza - David Ray Griffin - Joe Nickell - David Hume - James Randi - H G Wells - The Ten Commandments 1956 - Mysteries of the Bible TV - Jesus Was a Buddhist Monk/Did Jesus Die? TV - From Jesus to Christ TV - Pulp Fiction 1994 - Lee Strobel - Monty Python's Life of Brian 1979 - Richard Dawkins - Thomas Paine - Robert G Ingersoll - Penn & Teller TV - Sam Harris - Elizabeth David - William Shakespeare - French Proverb - Bart Ehrman - Unexplained Mysteries TV - Christopher Hitchens - Michael La Corte - BBC Horizon - From Jesus to Christ: The First Christians TV - Jesus: The Secret Life TV - Exodus 4:1-7 - Exodus 7:9&10 - Exodus 17:3-6 - Numbers 20:11&12 - Numbers 22:28-31 - Joshua 3:16&17 - Joshua 10:12&13 - Judges 6:21 - Judges 6:39&40 - I Kings 13:6 - I Kings 17:1-6 - I Kings 17:17-22 - I Kings 18:21-40 - I Kings 19:4-15 - II Kings 2:1-14 - II Kings 2:20-25 - II Kings 4:14-17 - II Kings 4:32-35 - II Kings 4:40-44 - II Kings 5:8&14 - II Kings 5:27 - II Kings 6:6 - II Kings 6:17 - II Kings 6:20 - II Kings 7:1&2 - II Kings 13:15-20 - II Kings 13:21 - II Kings 20:7 - II Kings 20:11 - Job 1:16 - Job 1:19 - Daniel 3:1-3&19&25&28 - Epistula Apostolorum 5 - Matthew 4:23&24 - Matthew 8:23-27 - Matthew 8:28-32 - Matthew 9:1&2&6&7 - Matthew 9:18-34 - Matthew 11:5 - Matthew 12:10&13 - Matthew 12:15&22 - Matthew 14:16-21 - Matthew 14:35&36 - Matthew 15:22&28 - Matthew 15:30 - Matthew 15:32-38 - Matthew 17:1-3 - Matthew 17:15-18 - Matthew 17:27 - Matthew 19:2 - Matthew 20:30-34 - Matthew 21:14 - Mark 1:23-26 - Mark 1:30-34 - Mark 1:40-42 - Mark 2:3-6&11&12 - Mark 3:1-5 - Mark 6:5 - Mark 6:37&38 - Mark 6:48-51 - Mark 6:55&56 - Mark 7:25&26 - Mark 7:32-35 - Mark 8:2-7 - Mark 8:22-25 - Mark 9:2-4 - Mark 9:17-19 - Mark 10:46-52 - Luke 4:33-35 - Luke 4:38-41 - Luke 5:12&13 - Luke 5:17&18 - Luke 6:6&7 - Luke 6:17-19 - Luke 7:2&3 - Luke 7:12&13 - Luke 7:21 - Luke 8:24&25 - Luke 9:1&2 - Luke 9:11 - Luke 9:13&14 - Luke 9:38&39 - Luke 10:9 - Luke 13:11-13 - Luke 14:1-3 - Luke 17:12 - Luke 18:35&38&42&43 - John 2:2-9 - John 2:23 - John 4:47 - John 5:2-5&14 - John 6:1&2&9-11&19 - John 7:31 - John 9:4-8 - John 11:1-4 - Acts 3:1-7 - Acts 4:22 - Acts 5:15&16 - Acts 6:8 - Acts 8:5-7 - Acts 9:32-34 - Acts 9:39&40 - Acts 14:8-10 - Acts 16:16-18 - Acts 19:11 - Acts 20:9-11 - Acts 28:8&9 - Egerton Papysus 2 & Cologne Papyrus 225 - Infancy Gospel of Thomas 9-18 - Koran 3:49 - Book of Mormon Alma 15:10&11 - BoM Mormon 9:19 - Hypatia - David Ben-Gurion - Lawrence Krauss - George Bernard Shaw - Terry Pratchett - Fyodor Dostoyevsky - Marquis de Sade - John Q 2002 - Everyday Miracles TV - Morgan Freeman TV - The SInner 2017-2019 -
3. If there is a God may he strike this audience dead. (God & Religion & Miracle & Audience) George Carlin live
41,217. Rab to Monk: My pal here is actually looking for a miracle, so if you could maybe point us in the direction of the Holy Grotto. (Abbey & Miracle) Ian Pattison, Rab C Nesbitt, Buckfast
81,160. Missionary: Hello, I come from God and He says [Rick tries to close door]. Let me in! [pushes way into house] It’s a miracle! Just a moment ago I was a useless cripple. But now I can run and dance and skip. Oh thank you God! Thank you, baby Jesus! I come from the Archangel Gabriel. (Missionary & Miracle) The Young Ones: Interesting
174. My opinion concerning God differs widely from that which is ordinarily defended by modern Christians. For I hold that God is of all things the cause immanent, as the phrase is, not transient. I say that all things are in God and move in God, thus agreeing with Paul, and, perhaps, with all the ancient philosophers, though the phraseology may be different; I will even venture to affirm that I agree with all the ancient Hebrews, in so far as one may judge from their traditions, though these are in many ways corrupted. The supposition of some, that I endeavour to prove in the Tractatus Theologico-Politicus the unity of God and Nature (meaning by the latter a certain mass or corporeal matter), is wholly erroneous.
As regards miracles, I am of opinion that the revelation of God can only be established by the wisdom of the doctrine, not by miracles, or in other words by ignorance. (God & Miracle) Baruch Spinoza
60,841. Those who wish to seek out the cause of miracles and to understand the things of nature as philosophers, and not to stare at them in astonishment like fools, are soon considered heretical and impious, and proclaimed as such by those whom the mob adores as the interpreters of nature and the gods. For these men know that, once ignorance is put aside, that wonderment would be taken away, which is the only means by which their authority is preserved. Baruch Spinoza, Ethics
310. One of them ‘God, Power and Evil’ rejects the traditional doctrine of Omnipotence. It even specifically criticises this doctrine as held by John Calvin – of course the founding theologian of the Presbyterian tradition. Another book of mine denies God can interrupt the world’s normal causal processes. Which means there can be no miracles as traditionally understood. And no infallibly inspired scriptures. But no-one was fired for publishing these books. (God & Miracle & Scripture & Calvinism) Professor David Ray Griffin, interview Guns & Butter 7th January 2009
89,804. People seem to hunger for some tangible religious experience, and wherever there is such profound want there is the opportunity for what may be called pious fraud. Money is rarely the primary motive, the usual impetus being to seemingly triumph over adversity, renew the faith of believers, and confound the doubters. (Stigmata & Miracle & Fraud & Religion) Joe Nickell
371. The Christian religion not only was at first attended with miracles, but even at this day cannot be believed by any reasonable person without one. Mere reason is insufficient to convince us of its veracity: and whoever is moved by faith to assent to it, is conscious of a continued miracle in his own person, which subverts all the principles of his understanding, and give him a determination to believe what is most contrary to custom and experience. (Religion & Christianity & Miracle) David Hume, An Enquiry concerning Human Understanding
743. The true believer will never be discontinued about anything no matter how strong the evidence against it. (Belief & Miracle) James Randi
60,730. The Church has shied away in recent years from some of these miracles because they’ve been burned so many times. James Randi
60,731. There not only want this to be true they need it to be true. James Randi
2,137. We must not allow the clock and the calendar to blind us to the fact that each moment of life is a miracle and mystery. (Life’s Like That & Miracle & Mystery) H G Wells
12,040. Ten times you have seen the miracles of the Lord and still you have no faith. (Moses & Ten Commandments & Miracle) The Ten Commandments 1956 starring Yul Brynner & Anne Baxter & Charlton Heston & Edward G Robinson & Yvonne De Carlo & Debra Paget & John Derek & Sir Cedric Hardwicke & Vincent Price et al, producer & director Cecil B DeMille, Moses to Israelites
12,237. Throughout the Hebrew Bible it is by miracles that God makes Himself known to his chosen people. (Bible & Old Testament & Miracles & Magic) Mysteries of the Bible: Magic & Miracles s5e6
12,238. Why is Moses, perhaps the greatest worker of miracles in the Hebrew Bible, punished by God for miraculously drawing water from a rock? (Bible & Old Testament & Miracles & Magic & Moses) ibid.
12,239. Why is Magic forbidden? And what is the distinction between Magic and Miracle? Why did the time of miracles draw to an end? (Bible & Old Testament & Miracles & Magic) ibid.
12,240. All scholars agree about the Sea of Reeds. (Bible & Old Testament & Miracles & Magic & Moses) ibid.
12,241. For what seems a minor transgression Moses will suffer a terrible punishment. (Bible & Old Testament & Miracles & Magic & Moses) ibid.
12,242. King Saul bows down before the apparition. (Bible & Old Testament & Miracles & Magic & Saul & Ghost) ibid.
12,243. Why didn’t Saul withdraw to fight another day? (Bible & Old Testament & Miracles & Magic & Saul) ibid.
12,244. The Witch of Endor has intrigued readers of the Bible. (Bible & Old Testament & Miracles & Magic & Witch) ibid.
12,245. The people of Israel persist in the practise of forbidden magic. (Bible & Old Testament & Miracles & Magic) ibid.
12,246. A spectacular contest between Magic and Miracle: Baal v Elijah. (Bible & Old Testament & Miracles & Magic & Baal & Elijah) ibid.
12,247. Nowhere in this miraculous book of miracles – Hebrew Bible – does the word miracle occur. (Bible & Old Testament & Miracles & Magic) ibid.
12,573. Some people find it hard to believe in the literal truth of the miracles. Let along the miracle of the Resurrection. (Jesus & Christian & Resurrection & Miracle) Jesus was a Buddhist Monk/Did Jesus Die? BBC
12,618. In Mark what does set Jesus apart is that he is a peculiar kind of miracle worker. In one case he has to attempt the miracle twice to get it right. And at other time he can’t perform miracles at all. (Jesus & Christianity & Mark & Miracle) From Jesus to Christ: The First Christians III, PBS