George Carlin - Network 1976 - Karen Marie Moning - Michael Shermer - Legion 2010 - Harry G Frankfurt - Jim Morrison - George Carlin - Ernest Hemingway - Bill Hicks - Tim Robbins - Chris White: David Icke Debunked 2010 - The Big Short 2015 - Donald Trump -
1. But folks I have to tell you in the bullshit department a businessman can’t hold a candle to a clergyman. Because when it comes to bullshit, bigtime major-league bullshit, you have to stand in awe – in awe – of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims – Religion. No contest. Religion easily has the greatest bullshit story ever told. Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people, many of them adults, that there’s an invisible man who lives in the sky and watches everything they do, every minute of every day, and has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things he has a special place full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish where he will send You to remain and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry for ever and ever to the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you and he needs money. He always needs money. He is all-powerful, all perfect, all-knowing and all-wise, somehow he just can’t handle money. Religion takes in billions of dollars, pays no taxes and somehow they always need a little more. Now you talk about a good bullshit story – holy shit! (God & Elohim & Religion & Tithing & Money & Belief & Faith & Hell & Life’s Like That & God's Fascism & Comedy & Bullshit) George Carlin, Napalm and Silly Putty audio
7,028. Once you leave out all the bullshit they teach you in school, life gets really simple. (School & Bullshit) George Carlin, Brain Droppings
65,784. The next time they give you all that civic bullshit about voting, keep in mind that Hitler was elected in a full, free democratic election. (Bullshit & Vote) George Carlin
100,019. Pure American bullshit … This entire country is completely full of shit and always has been. (Comedy & Bullshit & United States) George Carlin, You Are All Diseased, HBO 1999
113. I’ll tell you what happened – I just ran out of bullshit. Am I still on the air? I don’t know any other way to say it other than I just ran out of Bullshit. Bullshit is all the reasons we give for living. And if we can’t think of any reasons of our own we have the God bullshit. [inaudible] ... going through all this pointless pain and humiliation and decay, so they’d better be someone somewhere who does know – that’s the God bullshit. (God & Bullshit & Life’s Like That & Television) Network 1976 starring Faye Dunaway & Peter Finch & William Holden & Robert Duvall & Wesley Addy & Ned Beatty & Beatrice Straight & Jordan Charney & William Prince & Lane Smith & Marlene Warfield & Conchata Ferrell et al, director Sidney Lumet
1,113. Yeah, Tom, what is it? He’s saying that Life is Bullshit. And it is. So what are you screaming about? (Life's Like That & Bullshit) ibid.
1,114. If there’s anybody out there that can look around this demented slaughterhouse of a world we live in and tell me that man is a noble creature – believe me, that man is full of bullshit. (Man & Life's Like That & Noble & Bullshit) ibid.
9,411. Dying is overrated. Human sentimentality has twisted it into the ultimate act of love. Biggest load of bullshit in the world. Dying for someone isn't the hard thing. The man that dies escapes. Plain and simple. Game over. End of pain ... Try living for someone. Through it all - good, bad, thick, thin, joy, suffering. That’s the hard thing. (Death & Bullshit & Suffering) Karen Marie Moning, Shadowfever
65,780. 1) How reliable is the source of the claim?
2) Does the source make similar claims?
3) Have the claims been verified by somebody else?
4) Does this fit with the way the world works?
5) Has anyone tried to disprove the claim?
6) Where does the preponderance of evidence point?
7) Is the claimant playing by the rules of science?
8) Is the claimant providing positive evidence?
9) Does the new theory account for as many phenomena as the old theory?
10) Are personal beliefs driving the claim? Michael Shermer, The Baloney Detection Kit
65,781. I guess I just got tired of all the bullshit. Legion 2010 starring Paul Bettany & Dennis Quaid & Lucas Black & Tyrese Gibson & Adrianne Palicki & Charles S Dutton & Jon Tenney & Kevin Durand & Willa Holland & Kate Walsh & Doug Jones et al, director Scott Stewart
65,782. The contemporary proliferation of bullshit also has deeper sources, in various forms of skepticism which deny that we can have any reliable access to an objective reality and which therefore reject the possibility of knowing how things truly are. These ‘anti-realist’ doctrines undermine con- -fidence in the value of disinterested efforts to determine what is true and what is false, and even in the intelligibility of the notion of objective inquiry. Harry G Frankfurt, On Bullshit
65,783. People are afraid of themselves, of their own reality; their feelings most of all. People talk about how great love is, but that’s bullshit. Love hurts. Feelings are disturbing. Jim Morrison
65,785. Develop a built-in bullshit detector. Ernest Hemingway
74,829. The most essential gift for a good writer is a built-in, shock-proof, shit detector. This is the writer’s radar and all great writers have had it. (Gift & Writer & Bullshit) Ernest Hemingway
65,786. I’m tired of this back-slapping – ‘Isn’t humanity neat?’ Bullshit. We’re a virus with shoes OK? That’s all we are. Bill Hicks
75,886. Hardly a pure science, history is closer to animal husbandry than it is to mathematics, in that it involves selective breeding. The principal difference between the husbandryman and the historian is that the former breeds sheep or cows or such, and the latter breeds (assumed) facts. The husbandryman uses his skills to enrich the future; the historian uses his to enrich the past. Both are usually up to their ankles in bullshit. (History & Husbandry & Bullshit) Tim Robbins, Another Roadside Attraction 1990
110,009. Truth Vibrations was published in 1991 … Love Changes Everything was written after his Kundalini awakening in Peru … The same beliefs that are behind Alice Bailey and the New World Order. (Fake & Bullshit) Chris White, David Icke Debunked, 2010
110,010. Truth Vibrations: ‘Soon after this The Eye appeared. (Fake & Bullshit) ibid.
110,011. Truth Vibrations: ‘The universe is governed and guided by a massive hierarchy.’ (Fake & Bullshit) ibid.
110,012. David still holds these theosophic view today. (Fake & Bullshit) ibid.
110,013. Love Changes Everything: ‘The Solar Logos is the spirit of the sun that guides the solar system …’ (Fake & Bullshit) ibid.
110,014. And the Truth Shall Set You Free: ‘Cosmic rays of unprecedented power are being detected. These are the energies that are changing life on this planet …’ (Fake & Bullshit) ibid.
110,019. Icke’s New Moon theory is really just an expansion of Alice Bailey’s writing on the moon. (Fake & Bullshit) ibid.
110,020. ‘The planet itself is a living, thinking, emotional entity, and we are interacting with that energy field.’ (Fake & Bullshit & Earth) ibid. Icke
118,191. It’s time to call bullshit. Every-fucking-thing. (Economics & Banking & Mortgage & Bullshit) The Big Short 2015 starring Christian Bale & Ryan Gosling & Steve Carell & Brad Pitt & Hamish Linklater & Rafe Spall & Jeremy Strong & John Magaro & Finn Wittrock & Tracy Letts et al, director Adam McKay, Carell
136,552. ‘We did nothing wrong. It was all bullshit.’ (Election & Trump & Propaganda & Russia & Bullshit) Donald Trump, cited Agents of Chaos II, Alex Gibney 2020