E A Wallis-Budge - Acharya S - Robert Beckford - Egypt: Secrets of the Dead TV -
12,314. The Egyptians of every period in which they are known to us believed that Osiris was of divine origin, that he suffered death and mutilation at the hands of the powers of evil, that after a great struggle with these powers he rose again, that he became henceforth the king of the underworld and judge of the dead, and that because he had conquered death the righteous also might conquer death ... In Osiris the Christian Egyptians found the prototype of Christ, and in the pictures and statues of Isis suckling her son Horus, they perceived the prototypes of the Virgin Mary and her child. (Jesus & Horus & Osiris) E A Wallis Budge, Egyptian Religion
12,317: Horus was born of the virgin Isis-Meri on December 25th in a cave/manger with his birth being announced by a star in the East and attended by three ‘wise men’
· His earthly father was named ‘Seb’ (‘Joseph’). Seb is also known as ‘Geb‘: ‘As Horus the Elder he...was believed to be the son of Geb and Nut’. Lewis Spence, Ancient Egyptian Myths and Legends p84
· He was of royal descent.
· At age 12, he was a child teacher in the Temple, and at 30, he was baptized, having disappeared for 18 years
· Horus was baptized in the river Eridanus or Iarutana (Jordan) by ‘Anup the Baptizer’ (‘John the Baptist’), who was decapitated
· He had 12 followers and/or fellow gods, two of whom were his ‘witnesses’ and were named ‘Anup’ and ‘Aan’ (the two ‘Johns’)
· He performed miracles, exorcised demons and raised El-Azarus (‘El-Osiris’), from the dead
· The Egyptian god walked on water
· His personal epithet was ‘Iusa’, the ‘ever-becoming son’ of ‘Ptah’, the ‘Father’. He was thus called ‘Holy Child’.
· Horus was transfigured on the Mount
· The Egyptian god/Osiris was killed, buried for three days in a tomb, and resurrected
· Horus, Osiris and/or Ra were called the ‘Way, the Truth, the Light’, ‘Messiah’, ‘God's Anointed Son’, the ‘Son of Man’, the ‘Good Shepherd’, the ‘Lamb of God’, the ‘Word made flesh’, the ‘Word of Truth’ etc.
· The Egyptian god was ‘the Fisher’ and was associated with the Fish (‘Ichthys’), Lamb and Lion
· He came to fulfil the Law
· The Egyptian god/Osiris was called ‘the KRST’, or ‘Anointed One’
Like Jesus, Horus was supposed to reign one thousand years. (Jesus & Osiris & Horus) Acharya S aka D M Murdock, website entry
12,343. The Roman god Mithras and the ancient Egyptian cult of Osiris are just too close to home to be dismissed so easily. (Jesus & Bible & New Testament & Mithras & Osiris) Dr Robert Beckford, The Hidden Story of Jesus
58,122. The most important god of the underworld – Osiris. For Egyptians Osiris is central because he sits in judgment over all the dead. In life Egyptians believe Osiris was the first pharaoh. (Osiris & Gods) Egypt: Secrets of the Dead