MORMONS III: The Golden Bible Company -
Russell M Nelson - esias I - Craig C - Mark Twain - Ray Matheny - Mormon Research Ministry online - Alexander Campbell - Richard Dawkins - Christopher Hitchens - Lucy Smith - Joseph Smith - Steve Benson - Bruce McConkie - Stephen Colbert - Chris Everard - Francis W Kirkham - State of New York v Joseph Smith - Jerald & Sandra Tanner - Brigham Young - Jessee & Hartley - D Michael Quinn - Willard Chase - Knight & Jessee & Lorenzo Saunders - Polygamy Porter - Roger van Nord - Grant Palmer - Lucy Harris - Stephen Burnett - Spongebob SquareGarments - Ghoulsline - Robert Millett - Van Hale - James E Faust - Orson Pratt - David Whitmer - Russell Nelson - Anonymous - B H Roberts - Isaac Hale - R W Alderman - John A Clark - Bill McKeever - Stephen H Webb - Judge W Lang - Anonymous - Vernal Holley - Stuck - Richard Packham - Anonymous - Marvin Hill - Oliver Cowdrey - Martin Harris - Janis Hutchinson - Truman - 2 Nephi 5:21 - Jacob 3:88 - Thomas W Murphy - Philip Lindholm - Joseph Fielding Smith - Gospel Principles - Gordon M Romney - David O McKay - Spencer W Kimball - Boyd K Packer - James E Talmage - Neal A Maxwell - Nathaniel P Wilkerson - Simon Southerton - Stephen L Whittington - William Lobell - Eliseo Fajardo - Luman Walters - Joanthan Gray - Andrew Jensen - Richard Bushman - Anonymous - Danna
115,788. There are some things the Book of Mormon is not. It is not a textbook of history, although some history is found within its pages. Russell M Nelson, 23rd June 2016
81,395. We Can Prove The Book of Mormon Is Not True.
The Dodo [Jeffrey Holland] the other day declared dolorously the Book of Mormon was uncontestable, of divine origin, crafted without fault, and a construct without equal. They make the same claims for the Koran of course. But we may ask – where do Mormons keep their literary critical faculty? The Book of Mormon is an insipid dreadful doleful dollop of donkey-doo-doos crammed with clichés, full of loose ends, improbabilities, stories with a remarkable similarity to those in the Bible, whole chapters of Isaias ripped, needless repetition on seemingly gold plates where space is at a premium, and fails the first hurdle of a test of the English language – Joseph Smith and the golden bible company – are limited by their sense of the English language disguising the faults in mock-seventeenth century clichés. We know more or less what books were loaded in the local library, to which manuscripts they had access, who influenced to a high degree of probability which sections. I would call brothers and sisters from this Board to appear for the prosecution and the evidence for the prosecution would go on for weeks. So let’s play the dodo-deterrent guide to randomly spotting the plagiarism, the oddism, the anachronism, tautology, repetition, or just plain insanity when Brother Joseph loses it. Uncontestable? You’re having a Turking bath. Here’s verses at random awash with tautology, plagiarism ... For the most perfect course read a cluster-frack of the English language. (see end of section for full directory of linguistic problems)
1) I Nephi 1:1 I, Nephi, having been born of goodly parents, therefore I was taught somewhat in all the learning of my father; and having seen many afflictions in the course of my days, nevertheless, having been highly favored of the Lord in all my days; yea, having had a great knowledge of the goodness and the mysteries of God, therefore I make a record of my proceedings in my days.
See I Corinthians 4:1 - The mysteries of God
Why does Nephi feel the need to boast of goodly parents? How does Nephi know he is highly favoured of the Lord? Who instructed Nephi in the mysteries of God? ‘Therefore I make a record of my proceedings in my days’ is circumlocution and a waste of gold plate CIRCUMLOCUTION PLAGIARISM IMPROBABILITY
2) I Nephi 1:14 And it came to pass that when my father had read and seen many great and marvelous things, he did exclaim many things unto the Lord; such as: Great and marvelous are thy works, O Lord God Almighty! Thy throne is high in the heavens, and thy power, and goodness, and mercy are over all the inhabitants of the earth, and, because thou art merciful, thou wilt not suffer those who come unto thee that they shall perish!
See Revelation 15:3 – Great and Marvelous are thy works, Lord God Almighty. CIRCUMLOCUTION PLAGIARISM TAUTOLOGY
3) I Nephi 2:24 And if it so be that they rebel against me, they shall be a scourge unto thy seed, to stir them up in the ways of remembrance.
See 2 Peter 1:13 A Facist intergallactic empire-building God does away with free agency and can’t resist a good cursing. CIRCUMLOCUTION PLAGIARISM FASCIST GOD
4) I Nephi 4:13 Behold the Lord slayeth the wicked to bring forth his righteous purposes. It is better that one man should perish than that a nation should dwindle and perish in unbelief.
See John 11:50 – It is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not.
God’s first advice to Nephi is that Nephi should lop the dude’s head off, and Nephi raid the pad for its gold loot. God does a nice line in murder for ‘righteous purposes’. CIRCUMLOCUTION PLAGIARISM FASCIST GOD – Is God a scrap-metal merchant with a penchant for murder?
5) I Nephi 15:15 And then at that day will they not rejoice and give praise unto their everlasting God, their rock and their salvation? Yea, at that day, will they not receive the strength and nourishment from the true vine? Yea, will they not come unto the true fold of God?
See John 15:1
God is mixing his metaphors!
6) I Nephi 20:1 Hearken and hear this, O house of Jacob, who are called by the name of Israel, and are come forth out of the waters of Judah, or out of the waters of baptism, who swear by the name of the Lord, and make mention of the God of Israel, yet they swear not in truth nor in righteousness.
Joseph Smith lifts two chapters from Isaiah – 48 & 49. Baptism, eh? Kinky.
7) II Nephi 1:14 Awake! and arise from the dust, and hear the words of a trembling parent, whose limbs ye must soon lay down in the cold and silent grave, from whence no traveler can return; a few more days and I go the way of all the earth.
See Hamlet III i: The undiscovered country from whose bourn no traveller returns – multiple plagiarisms
8) II Nephi 9:18 But, behold, the righteous, the saints of the Holy One of Israel, they who have believed in the Holy One of Israel, they who have endured the crosses of the world, and despised the shame of it, they shall inherit the kingdom of God, which was prepared for them from the foundation of the world, and their joy shall be full forever.
See Hebrews 12:2 & Matthew 25:34 & John 15:11
9) II Nephi 31:18 And then are ye in this strait and narrow path which leads to eternal life; yea, ye have entered in by the gate; ye have done according to the commandments of the Father and the Son; and ye have received the Holy Ghost, which witnesses of the Father and the Son, unto the fulfilling of the promise which he hath made, that if ye entered in by the way ye should receive.
See Matthew 7:14 PLAGIARISM NEW TESTAMENT NOT YET WRITTEN
10) Helaman 14:25 And many graves shall be opened, and shall yield up many of their dead; and many saints shall appear unto many.
See Matthew 27:52-53 Michael Jackson’s Thriller video foreseen by Joseph Smith
11) Jarom 1:8 And we multiplied exceedingly, and spread upon the face of the land, and became exceedingly rich in gold, and in silver, and in precious things, and in fine workmanship of wood, in buildings, and in machinery, and also in iron and copper, and brass and steel, making all manner of tools of every kind to till the ground, and weapons of war – yea, the sharp pointed arrow, and the quiver, and the dart, and the javelin, and all preparations for war.
No evidence of these civilisations!
12) Mosiah 4:4 And king Benjamin again opened his mouth and began to speak unto them, saying: My friends and my brethren, my kindred and my people, I would again call your attention, that ye may hear and understand the remainder of my words which I shall speak unto you.
This is a terrible tautology!
13) Ether 9:19 And they also had horses, and asses, and there were elephants, and cureloms, and cumoms; all of which were useful unto man, and more especially the elephants, and cureloms, and cumoms.
No horses, elephants, cureloms and cumoms found! ANACHRONISMS